Add to my Old Favourite RecipesPrint Add to My Inbox Go to My Inbox
Chicken and Sausage One Pot Dinner
An old friend said his mother fixed this dish and the following day would use the leftover broth for soup. She would boil the broth and drop in eggs to add protein to the soup.
- 1 lb or 5 mild or spicy Italian sausages your preference
- 1 quartered onion
- 1-2 1 bs. of chicken with bone thighs skin removed
- 1 or 2 sliced sweet potatoes cut in rounds
- 1 small can of mild chopped chiles
- Oregano or Italian seasoning
- Brown sausages on the stove in a dutch oven. Add some water after the sausages are browned. Add onion. Lay chicken on top of sausages and onion. Sprinkle seasonings on chicken. Lay sweet potatoes over chicken. Sprinkle chiles over sweet potato rounds. Add more water to just below sweet potatoes so that they steam. Cover and cook over medium heat until sweet potatoes are soft, approximately 45 min - 1 hour.
Leave a Reply