Add to my Old Favourite RecipesPrint Add to My Inbox Go to My Inbox
Sweet Potato & Apple Hash
There is a lovely brunch place that serves a similar dish, but with loads of cheese and sweet potato tots. This is my lighter at-home version that's equally good for brunch or dinner.
- 2 small sweet potatoes diced into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot or small onion thinly sliced
- 1 large apple diced into bite size pieces (use a sweet, firm apple like honey crisp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or neutral oil
- 1. In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, saute shallot in olive oil until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2 Add sweet potato. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee and cover with lid until sweet potato begins to soften, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3 Add apple and continue to sautee covered until apples soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- 4. In the meantime cook eggs as desired (scramble, fry, poach, boil).
- 5. Divide sweet potato and apple hash between 2 bowls. Top with eggs.
- Optional: Could be served with greens like arugula. Could also top with goat cheese or blue cheese crumbles. Roasted walnuts or pecan could be added for additional protein and crunch.