Classic Mussels with White Wine
From ‘5 Ingredients 10 Minutes’ Print Book page 215
Sorry. Video is not available for this recipe.
For the whole Belgian experience, serve with hot potato chips (fries). For the best cooking method for the perfect chip, check out Cold-Oil Potato Chips.
1/2 glass dry white wine
1-2 cloves garlic
generous knob butter + extra, to serve
crusty bread, to serve
1. Put wine, garlic and butter in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over the highest heat.
2. Add mussels and jam the lid on.
3. Cook for a couple of minutes, then remove the lid and pull out any mussels that have opened.
4. Return the lid and cook for another few minutes. Remove any more opened mussels. Repeat once more.
5. Discard any unopened mussels and return the opened ones to the pan. Heat for half a minute.
6. Serve hot with bread and butter.
dairy-free – use olive oil instead of the butter
alcohol free – use water or verjuice instead of the wine
gluten free – serve with commercial potato chips or crisps