sorry guys, no video for this recipe
the margarita pizza
makes 1 medium pizza
There’s something about a classic margarita that’s hard to resist. The simplicity of tomato cheese and basil really is hard to top.
1/2 quantity of pizza dough (recipe HERE)
1 can tomatoes (400g / 14oz)
1 large brown onion, peeled & halved
75g (3oz ) unsalted butter
basil leaves, to serve
1. Place tomato, onion and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook slowly over a low heat until sauce has thickened and reduced by about half which will take around an hour. Discard onion or reserve for another use.
2. Prepare oven and dough as per pizza base recipe.
3. Spread 2 – 3 tablespoons sauce over the base of your pizza.
4. Tear bocconcini into chunks and scatter over the base.
5. Bake for 5 – 10 minutes or until the base is golden and the cheese is just melted.
6. Scatter over basil leaves. Serve hot.
back to: The Mastering the Art of Cooking on a Budget Overview Page